Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a next-generation presentation system for building Windows client applications with visually stunning user experiences. With WPF, helps to create a wide range of both standalone and browser-hosted applications.
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides a unified framework for building applications and high-fidelity experiences in Windows Vista that blend together application UI, documents, and media content, while exploiting the full power of the computer.
WPF Applications are enabled to deploy it as a standalone installed application or in a browser (leveraging Microsoft Silverlight ).
Radix embrace WPF .NET Framework to create the visual appearance of Windows client applications. Applications consists of features such as Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML), controls, data binding, layout, 2-D and 3-D graphics, animation, styles, templates, documents, media, text, and typography
The core of WPF is a resolution-independent and vector-based rendering engine that is built to take advantage of modern graphics hardware.
Business Application of Windows Presentation Foundation
- Building Next Generation graphically rich Application
- Data Aware Kiosk
- Touch Screen Kiosk with Dynamic data distribution
Migrating Application to WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
Migration to latest technology ensures increased life of developed application and provides added benefits. Following scenario as follows:
- If you have an existing Windows Forms (or MFC/Win32) application that could benefit from some of the advanced presentation features of WPF, you can add WPF to your existing project.
- If you want to create a new experience for your users that is rich, interactive, sophisticated, or highly custom or branded, WPF is Microsoft's next-generation platform for your project today.
- If you�re targeting the web, Silverlight shares the same development model as WPF but is optimized for a lightweight, cross-platform runtime. Investing in either WPF or Silverlight nets you the skills, tools, and assets for both platforms.